Monday, April 26, 2010

Catch up! :)

Well, sorry for the lapse in postings! Its been fairly busy and eventful somewhat the last 5 days. Friday, we went to a friends house with another homeschool mom and we looked at the caterpillars that were now a cocoon and had a science lesson from that. Then the kids play a math game.  The game goes as follows (need 1 deck of cards minus king, queen, and jack & a bag of dimes and pennies): The first child picks up a card what ever number is on that card he gets to choose that many pennies or dimes. You have 6 turns.  The goal is to reach 1.00$ without going over.  If you go over you lose. Then we did a reading lesson. 
After we left, we got ready and left for Papaw's house.  I have been dreading it because going to Papaws is always a nightmare. (Waylon's papaw).  He hit on me for 2 days! And kept touching my hair.  On top of him being my sons papaw he is about 74 years of age. Then he tried to get me to go out his 60+ year old friend Junior.  The boys, on the other hand, had a wonderful time.  They played out side the whole time. I was so greatful to come back home.
This week at church is missions week.  WHAT A BLESSING! Vamce Pittman spoke in both the morning and evening services. I put my "yes" on the table and already have a passport appt. in the morning. SO EXCITED! i want to be ready for the Lord to use me wherever.  I feel that he is leading me to something permanent.  Hopeing to do my first mission trip this year. Being filled with the peace of the Lord is the most wonderful and exhilirating experience. Where ever HE leads, there I will follow. 

Today, we went on a Homeschool field trip to see the Davy Crockett museum.  We also got to see the house and spot where he was born.  Jaedon and Waylon had fun.  





At church, they had Kid Impact where they played games and learned about missionaries. I was in room with Missionaries Tak and Lana Oue who work in Japan.  Praying the Lord continues to touch their ministry. 
More to write later!

No comments:

Post a Comment