Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Being sick and homschooling.

Well, yesterday was my oldest son's birthday, so we took the day off.  It was nice. The not so nice part is I am now sick for whatever reason.

So I am sitting here with a stuffed nose, headache, feeling weak and trying to get through school today.  I just want to sleep all day!  Those with children know that is not possible especially if you are a single parent.

Thanks to a friend, I have revamped how we do reading. As I have written before we are reading the Magic Tree House series. I break the chaoter up ad have him read a section at a time. Then I have him repeat to me what he just read.  The section can be anywhere from 1-4 sentences long.  This has greatly improved his comprehension of what he is reading.  I think it is great!

I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed with wonderful boys and wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment