Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pool Madness

Well today began as a typical Sunday.  I got up and of course Waylon was running down the stairs after me.  Let me backtrack a moment. i woke up FREEZING! this morning. Apparently it is getting cold at night and with the fans blowing all the air in it was very cold. So on we go. I got Waylon fed and managed a shower. Then came the tricky part of getting Waylon dressed. Usually, Waylon hates whatever I pick out and screams and throws himself around the room.  The Lord blessed me today and there were no fits not even over the color of his shorts. a MIRACLE! Had a wonderful Sunday school lesson today and then got to be in the nursery. It was great. I love working in the baby room. I had this great idea since this is the 2nd to last day that the pool is open why not take the boys.
The water was COLD COLD COLD, however, we were fine once we got in.  To be fair to both boys, we then ventured to the kiddie pool where we all splashed and played.  Then Waylon bit Jaedon's finger, and you guessed it, it went downhill from there. I made Waylon get out of the pool and sit out where he proceeded to scream. If have never heard Waylon scream let me tell you it is a treat, nice and ear piercing. So I move us back to the big pool and sit Waylon on a bench until he decided he can apologize to brother. He screams some more. Jaedon refuses to get in the pool.  (keep in mind, that 30 seconds earlier, Jaedon started crying because he thought we were leaving) He says he is too cold, so we left with no arguments and Waylon was fine with that. We were at the pool 25 minutes MAX. Our shortest day at the pool.
I am hoping that we can get a nap in before dinner. Now to tear them away from Monty Python.

Cheerio,
Smee

No comments:

Post a Comment