Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 9, 2010

Well this morning started out pretty good.  Woke the boys up by being silly and it put them in a good mood.  This usually tends to make a easier morning. To even give the day a even better chance i took time to shower which is hard to do with 2 boys running wild in the house.  The apt. was still standing after I got out, which was fantastic. Then we went to my friend Jean's house and I cleaned, Jaedon did school work and Waylon played. They love her kittens.  Phineas (gray) and Ferb (black) are great.  Love to play, cuddle, and yet they take care of themselves for the most part.  Jaedon asks me periodically if we can get a cat. (kitten but they become cats).  I said no based mainly on the reasoning that it costs $300 for a pet deposit.  For some reason, the apt. complex demands it all at once for cats and monthly payments for dogs. I would consider a dog, if I could find a small one I liked.  I have met very few small dogs that are nice.  Well, one is more like it. If we ever get a dog, the guinea pigs and mice will have to go to a new home.  If you know of anyone who would be interested in guinea pigs let me know! (:D) Jaedon did 5 school lessons this morning (out of 11).  He is currently doing the other 6.  11 things does sound like a lot.  Here is the list: Bible, History, Science, Handwriting, Phonics, Language Arts, Spelling, Reading, Spanish, Maps & Geography, and Math.  Handwriting and Phonics once finished with current books will be dropped. That will take us down to 9. We have added Typing as an independent thing that he only does when we have time.  (He loves typing could be though he just loves being on a computer.) With all these subject though we can finish in 4-4.5 hours, if you take out lunch. The earlier we get started the better Jaedon is.  I prefer him to start around 9am and we finish around 1-1:30 which I think is pretty good.
Jaedon is doing Spelling right now and asked to do it.  It is nice when they have excitement about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment